Construye 2020+ (2018-2021) Horizon 2020 Program
Project to promote 'green' employment in the construction industry, promoting training and professional accreditation in Energy Efficiency (EE), Renewable Energy Systems (RES) and Nearly zero-Energy Buildings (nZEB).
Designation: Construye 2020+. A new boosf for green jobs, growth and sustainability.
Project: Belonging to the European Horizon 2020+ Program, Call EE14, Construction Skills, of the work package "Safe, clean and efficient energy", CSA line Coordination and support action.
Project identification: 785019.
Duration: 36 months, since June 2018 until June 2021. Extended until December 2021!
Coordinator of the Project: Fundación Laboral de la Construcción (Spain).
Partners: Instituto de Ciencias de la Construcción Eduardo Torroja (CSIC), Fundación Estatal para la Formación en el Empleo (Fundae), Instituto Nacional de las Cualificaciones (Incual), dependent on the Ministerio de Educación, Cultura y Deporte; Centro de Investigación de Recursos y Consumos Energéticos (Circe) and Instituto de Robótica y Tecnologías de la Información y la Comunicación (IRTIC), ascribed to Universidad de Valencia (all of them, from Spain).
Social network of Construye 2020+:
Six Spanish partners, led by the Fundación Laboral de la Construcción, will work, for three years, for the promotion of 'green' employment in the construction industry, promoting training and professional accreditation in Energy Efficiency (EE), Renewable Energy Systems (RES) ) and Nearly zero-Energy Buildings (nZEB).
The joint entity has already successfully coordinated two previous related projects: Build Up Skills Spain (2011-2013) and Build Up Skills Spain "Construye 2020" (2013-2016), both belonging to the Intelligent Energy Europe (IEE) program, in their calls for 2011 and 2012, respectively.
Transition to efficient, sustainable and competitive industry
This project intends to take a step forward in the transition towards an efficient construction industry, in the use of sustainable, competitive energy, through the definition and development of an updated training and accreditation scheme for professionals in "green" skills. This scheme will address, in an articulated manner, the professional, market and client barriers that stand in the way of the consolidation of Energy Efficiency (EE), Renewable Energy Systems (RES) and Nearly zero-Energy Buildings (nZEB). And it will be based on mixed training (face-to-face and online), which will also transversally incorporate two fundamental subjects in the innovative development of the industry: the BIM and Lean methodologies.
Contribution to mitigate the threats of climate change, through training
Climate change and environmental degradation represent real threats to economic growth, human societies and ecological sustainability. The main role of Europe in the fight against climate change is based on the European Union (EU) energy and climate goals for 2020 (at least 20% reduction of greenhouse gas emissions compared to 1990; at least 20% of the renewable energy consumed in the EU, at least 20% improvement in energy efficiency). Buildings play an important role in achieving these objectives, as they contribute 40% of the final energy demand of the EU.
The construction industry has in hand to help alleviate these threats, among other actions, through training. Thus, Construye 2020+'s objetives in this line are:
- Development of an integrated and updated common training framework, based on the Quintuple Helix innovation model, a model of cooperation between academia, business, government and civil society, which allows the participation of key stakeholders in the definition of priorities in the Vocational Education and Training (VET) system.
- Recognition and improvement of skills and competences in EE, RES and nZEB of professionals, for their continuous development, through technologies, Open Educational Resources (REA) and tools for collaborative work procedures, such as Building Information Modeling (BIM) ) and Lean Construction.
- Involvement of the SMEs in the industry to increase a leading sustainable construction market, thanks to their participation in the training of workers, through an 'ecological' SME incubator.
- Creation of a new standard of sector competences for sector professionals and key operators, which recognizes the know-how in EE, RES and nZEB in the construction industry, with a system of mutual recognition of competences (called 'Green Tag') according to the learning results framework of the European Qualification Framework (EQF).
- Development of a professional qualification of Energy Auditor, to meet the needs in the field of training to develop a new energy audit qualification (Directive 2012/27 / EU) and respond to the market, to offer a certified service.
- Development of effective awareness raising, dissemination and transfer actions to reach all the key actors and target groups (students, workers, market, final customers) and maximize the impact of the proposed measures beyond national borders.
Construye 2020, a success story in Europe
The "Construye 2020" project was presented by the general director of the Construction Labor Foundation, Enrique Corral, as a success case in the European Forum of the Strategy for the Competitiveness of the Sector, on March 6, 2017.
Likewise, following the success achieved by the "Construye 2020 Route" of the second pillar of the Build Up Skills Spain, this third phase, the Construye 2020+, will also have a final dissemination campaign, which will run through several Spanish cities, in which They will present their results to citizens and authorities.
This publication reflects the views only of the author. The Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) of European Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.