FORMAR. Vocational training on sustainable maintenance and refurbishment
The project will allow the development of products that can provide new skills tailored to the needs of labour market in EU countries, particularly in matters that specifically are related with sustainable construction, facilitating the employability and mobility of the construction professionals.
Duration: Desde Octubre de 2013 hasta Septiembre de 2016.
Total Budget: 532.500€
Project Coordinator: LNEG – Laboratório Nacional de Energia e Geologia
Partners: Fundación Laboral de la Construcción, CENFIC, Bluecity Construction Ltd., CIRCE – Centro de Investigación de Recursos y Consumos Energéticos, NOBATEK – Centro de Recursos Tecnológicos, FCMB – Fédération Compagnonnique des Métiers du Bâtiment, Câmara Municipal de Águeda, Câmara Municipal de Faro, Viver Santarém, Empresa Municipal, SA
The main goal of the project is to develop training resources and modules to improve the skills on sustainability issues of workers of buildings maintenance and refurbishment. The use of the methodological principles of the European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) in the development of the UST will allow its subsequent integration in this system and will facilitate the transparency of qualifications and their recognition in all European countries. Five UST will be developed and integrated in the vocational training of carpenters, painters, bricklayers, building technicians, and installers of solar panels. Also a transversal unit will be developed, concerning basic concepts on sustainable construction and “nearly zero energy buildings”.
A second goal is to improve the information provided for clients, through the development of a guide to support the procurement decisions related to building products and materials. All the other training resources produced will be available in electronic format in three languages: Portuguese, Spanish and French.
The FORMAR project will contribute to the development of national and sectorial qualifications by:
- Enabling the trainees to take into account new prescriptions related to the sustainable construction;
- Making the connection between the area of sustainability, the construction sector and pedagogical concerns related to the need of appropriate qualified professionals;
- Providing an opportunity for the development of the training itineraries more consistent through a transnational cooperation, allowing the adaptation of existing skills to the demands of the present job market, increasing the employability and the labour mobility;
- Allowing a joint reflection on the state of the art, analysis, comparison and improvement of the existing educational practices and how to integrate the sustainability issues;
- Providing the project partners with an innovative common European approach, adjustable to their national contexts;
- Considering the methodological principles of the European Credit System for Vocational Education and Training (ECVET) in the development of the UST, allowing its subsequent integration in the ECVET.
The partnership is composed of 10 partners from three EU countries (Portugal, Spain and France). These three countries have adopted the principles of the European Qualifications Framework, and have similar interests regarding vocational profiles.