BUILD UP Skills Spain
BUILD UP Skills Spain is a European initiative that is within the BUILD UP Skills call of the European Commission of the Intelligent Energy Europe programme, whose main objective is to train workers in the construction sector, primarily in the building construction sector, in order to obtain the sufficient amount of skilled labour in energy efficiency and renewable energy in each member state by 2020.
The energy performance of buildings and energy savings which can be achieved in the building construction sector is a priority of the European Union, which considers that there is still a long way to go in this area.
In this sense, BUILD UP Skills Spain endeavours to train workers in the construction sector, primarily in the building construction sector, in order to obtain the sufficient amount of skilled labour in energy efficiency and renewable energy in each member state by 2020.
Therefore, the fundamental objective of the project is to undertake national processes of reflection which allow the involvement of all interested parties: companies, workers, business associations and other bodies related to the sector, in order to identify and quantify the need for skilled labour in this field.
Thus, the establishment and agreement of strategy plan for national qualifications are sought so as to meet the objectives of sustainable energy by 2020, as well as the development of specific training plans in which the needs and priorities are identified. These shall be prepared on the basis of the established strategy plan.
Specifically, the main elements of the project are as follows:
- Study of the status quo, the creation of a national platform of skills, the development of the strategy plan and institutional support actions and activities of the European exchange (subject to call in 2011).
- Implementation of the strategy plan (subject of subsequent calls).
The Fundación Laboral de la Construcción (Construction Education Foundation in Spain), the promoter of the initiative, will develop the project in collaboration with the following:
- AIDICO (Technological Institute of Construction)
- INCUAL (National Institute of Qualifications)
- Ministry of Development. Directorate General of Architecture and Housing Policy. Subdirectorate General for Innovation and Quality of Building Construction.
The project shall have a duration of 18 months. It started in November 2011.